As a "native" Texan (born in Houston, raised in other states from 3 months - 12 years, then returned to Texas), I KNOW the state's obsession with the bluebonnet. I even remember taking family pictures in a hillside of the beautiful flowers. However, I did not realize the almost obligatory annual trek for pictures of one's children for parents. Last year, I realized that it was "the thing" to do when a mom in my November 2010 birth group on Babycenter.com posted about Texas moms taking bluebonnet pics and people posted pictures and location info from around the state. I felt SO out of the loop, LOL! So, even though it was getting late in the season, I tried to find places to take my infant. I was sleep deprived and spending most of my time with my 4 month old alone due to Josh's work schedule and frequent Saturdays mandated at work and just never felt safe venturing to a hillside of bluebonnets alone. Most of the ones I could find were on the side of the highway, and the thought of pulling over and getting my infant out was virtually terrifying. So, we missed our first year of bluebonnet pics. I guess my Texan card has one black mark there, *wink*. However, I had talked with my mother about it and how much I wanted to do this. This year, since we are living with her and it is bluebonnet season (a bit early due to the odd weather we've had this "winter"), she found a way! She found a park near where she and my Daddy live that has a hill of bluebonnets! Not on a highway! We loaded Jacob up today and headed out to capture my 16 1/2 month old little Texan with our state flower. It was SO much fun! He is an amazing boy and we usually get at least a few good shots, though with his busy curiosity, we have to be fast to get one that includes his face! Here is my boy and the beautiful bluebonnets!
We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!
Psalm 24: 4 - 5


HE looks bigger every time I see a picture of him!! He is such a cutie pie!!! So handsome:) I think he looks like your dad. Has anyone ever said that before or am I completely off? love the bluebonnet pics!! Kelsey and I took bluebonnet pictures when we were in college...with cowboy hats...yeah, we were cool like that!! We're thinking of coming to TX in a couple of weeks to see family. If we do, I hope the bluebonnets are still around so I can get some pictures of Emma too!!! Great idea!!
ReplyDelete