We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Monday, October 17, 2011

Mama's 34th Birthday

October 15, 2011

I cannot believe I’m 34! When my church had members stand to celebrate October birthdays and I said I would be 34, a youth in the congregation said “She doesn’t look that old!” That is EXACTLY how I feel! Aren’t I just like 22?? Well, knowing Josh would be out of town and my family all far away, I expected a quiet birthday with me and my precious son. I have always LOVED big birthday celebrations with fun, meaningful presents… so I was trying to set my expectations realistically for this year. God had something better! Jacob and I started the day attending the Dallas Parenting Expo hosted by my new friend, Morgan Mayes (who is also founder of the Fort Worth Babywearing group I belong to!). It was so fun - we met some fascinating people and got some awesome family resources. And we got to see our friends Morgan and her family! My best friend, Maren, and I had talked about getting together (she lives just about 60 miles away in Dallas), so I knew that would be fun. But what I didn’t expect was the whole birthday celebration she planned! I had a (vegan) cake that even Jacob got to taste (and LOVED), time with my nephew, Markus, time chatting with Maren and enjoying her homemade pumpkin spice lattes, and a present! (Maren got me credit towards making a photobook – PERFECT!) So, that was an awesome day! Then, my sweet husband came home from his preaching weekend in TN and surprised me with a gift! Yes, 34 years… I have a loving husband, an amazing son, a precious friend, and all our bills are paid for the month – that is a good birthday!


Happy Birthday Mama!


What are those shiny things?


Good job Mama!


Josh’s gift


Sweet Baby Jacob and his loving Mama


My little collection that represents our family – from marriage and our friendship and love for each other, to our pregnancy journey, my journey as a Mama, and our journey together as parents to Jacob. These are in a little nook in our entryway and one of my favorite places in our home!

A great birthday – completely unexpected for my 34th! What a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 34th Birthday! Looks like you had a wonderful day!! Love your little family collection in the nook - precious!

    ReplyDelete