We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Monday, October 31, 2011

Jacob's First Halloween!

October 31, 2011

We REALLY thought this would be Jacob's 2nd Halloween this time last year! He was due 10/23/2010... but waited to make his entrance until 11/5/2010... we had lots of little "Baby's First Halloween" things for a newborn, lol! Jacob was a little duck for his first Halloween. You see, I’m NOT a fan of this holiday and do not celebrate it… and didn’t plan to have my children do so, either. However, the idea of my almost-one-year-old in a CUTE little costume was just FUN! My parents found this great costume for their grandson and I just loved seeing him as a little duck! It was so fun running errands and going around town – people just raved over how cute he was and my Mama’s heart beamed! He was an adorable duck! And once in a while he did say “ACK!” when I would say “QUACK!” What a boy!

Here is a video of our little duck at play in the morning in his awesome costume:


Our precious little duckie!


His duck costume that my parents found at Costco – because my Dad says, “Jacob, you’re a little duck… you QUACK me up!”

I got an idea to be “Mama Duck” in a simple way… so I grabbed one of Josh’s t-shirts and my eyeliner…




The only time we had to grab a picture before we left with Mama and Baby Duck… and we had to take Jacob’s milk away… he was NOT happy… so we just took this quick picture then let him eat. My poor buddy – his Mama just loves pictures… but loves his little heart more!


A playing duckie!


Quack! Quack!


How cute is this little duck!!


Hey Mama… I don’t know about this hood thing…

After our morning playtime, we went to a Mommy and Me class through an organization I met at a Parenting Expo hosted by my friend, Morgan Mayes, from Fort Worth Babywearing. Here is my little duck playing at the Minds Matter Little Learners class:


After our class, Jacob and I met up with Josh and Matthew (our nephew from Tennessee – Jacob’s oldest cousin) and had lunch before Jacob and I took Matthew to the airport to fly home.



Our final outing of the day with me and my little duck was to Kohls to buy Jacob some clothes. I cleaned out his closet and took out everything he has outgrown from 6 to 9 months… and he has like 2 outfits! EEEEK! I haven’t really had to buy clothes up to this point due to gifts and people lending us clothes… so I went to Kohl’s that has some great kids clothes at awesome prices. Here is me and my baby duck in our BabyHawk Mei Tai!


I love you my little duck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment