August 26, 2011
Jacob and I took an impromptu trip to Houston for time with my parents. Friday night, after Jacob was asleep (about 7:25pm), Mother and I decided to run to the supermarket. I made a bottle *just in case* for my Dad, who agreed to stay and watch Jacob. I told my Dad that Jacob has not woken up after being asleep just a short time in FOREVER, so he shouldn't need the bottle, but just in case I gave him instructions on what to do if Jacob were to wake up and not go back to sleep within a few minutes on his own. I told him Jacob shouldn't wake up and he said "I hope not..." but I knew he'd do great! He watched him with my sister back as a newborn when I caught some sleep, but I just KNEW Jacob would sleep until we got back! We left after Jacob had been asleep maybe 15 minutes and were gone about an hour. We got back and I saw, gladly, that my precious boy was still asleep! I said, "See! He's still asleep!" My Dad said, "Yes, but he woke up when y'all had been gone just about 15 minutes. I waited a couple minutes, but he really got to crying. When he's mad, his whole little body seems to cry he gets so tense! So, I went in and picked him up, he laid his head down on me and I soothed him, got his pacifier and laid him back down. He laid his head down and and tried to go back to sleep, but then his head kept popping up and he'd stand up and cry... So I went to the kitchen to get that bottle. Well, when I left the room he got REALLY mad and cried loud, but I didn't want to bring him out through the living room to the kitchen with me because I didn't want ot stimulate him. So I got the bottle and came back to the nursery and he took that bottle down FAST and wanted more. So I had to lay him back down to go get more and he got really made then. Oh goodness, he was really heartbroken when I laid him back down... I got more and poured it in the bottle and he took about half. Then, when he was done, his eyes closed and he threw the bottle down and rolled his head back like he was ready to lay down and telling me "OK. You can go now!" So, I laid him back in the crib and he was asleep." I just SMILED. I told my Dad "You did great!" My Dad is an amazing granddaddy!
Good job, Big Daddy!! Jacob is blessed to have you as his granddaddy! And I am blessed you are my Daddy!
Happy in Houston!
That is so precious it choked me up. He was hungry and his Granddaddy took care of him! He is soooo adorable! I love that first picture of him on Daddy's lap. Love it!
ReplyDelete