I cannot believe it has been 6 years since Virginia, Maren, and I started getting together for at least a weekend once a year to have intentional time together! I love my sisters! This year, it was Maren's turn to host. But, with me breastfeeding and then my son getting ill and Maren's son having been ill, we had to be flexible. Sisters do that well! We did a couple of days at Maren's house and my sweet Mama kept Jacob at my house and then we moved out to Fort Worth and I got to host. Thank you to my sisters for being so flexible this year! Even with illness (in addition to our boys being sick, I got an awful sinus infection and ear infections and had a fever) and driving between North Dallas and Northwest Fort Worth, we still had time together, did our annual craft, laughed, and made memories! I love you, Virginia and Maren!!
Our Sisters!!
(My sweet Jacob was an honorary member this year!)
Virginia and Maren - my beautiful sisters!
Maren had some time knitting for her son's birthday party
Virginia had time working
Virginia and me - together since conception!
We made some vegan cookie dough!!
DELICIOUS! (Yay for dairy-free!)
Our craft this year - decorating a coffee koozie...
Although... apparently Caribou calls this a "clutch", which cracked us up!
Now we are the envy of all our friends!! WHOO-HOO!!! ;-)
These were cheap and great!
Caribou may have been established in 1992, but WE became sisters in 1990,
so we did a little correction on our enviable "clutches"!
Working on my clutch - of course, it had to be Claddagh!
The back of my clutch - we signed each other's.
It works on my water bottle, too!
Maren decorating her clutch.
I love how creative my sister is! She is avid knitter!
Virginia freehanded this drawing of Africa!!
Virginia's - she wrote several quotes! So amazing!
Virginia's running man symbol - she is one of two marathoners in this group of 3, and I'm not the other one!
The front of our clutches - aren't you all so envious?!?! ;-)
We had some games to play (but never got to) - blast from the past!
And we always make yummy food that is healthy!
Aunt Rup and my precious boy!
The new way of cooking - recipes on the iPhone!
Our last day, we went to Starbucks and it was so awesome!
Telling a story to Aunt Rup!
Tante Maren and little Jacob
He always comes back to Mama!!
I love you buddy! You were a special part of our Sisters' Weekend this year!
Here's to Sisters' Weekend 2012 - back in Texas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment