We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Monday, July 11, 2011

A Fun Day at Home for Jacob and Mama

After our 8 day trip to Nashville and then weekend with friends visiting here in Fort Worth, Jacob and I had our first full day at home with just us two and his regular schedule. We had some neat moments and I got to make some baby food. I grabbed the camera to catch some of our day.

PLAYING WITH MAMA'S TUPPERWARE

I arranged one kitchen cabinet so that we leave it unlocked and he can pull out tupperware/plastic containers for play time while I cook. He's really been getting into it since we got home.


Hmmmm.... this looks interesting!

I might head in here!

This is neat...

Hey Mama! Your kitchen is fun!

I LOVE this boy! What a great smile!

Often when he's playing, he'll make his way to me for a snuggle then head back to play. 
Here he is pulling up on my jeans.

MAKING FOOD FOR MY BABY

I love these ice cube trays for freezing baby food.

I made a blueberry/apple puree

MMMMMMMMM!

Frozen 1oz cubes of blueberry/apple babyfood I made.

Homemade green bean babyfood - one of Jacob's favorites!

Jacob's dinner: blueberry/apple puree, green bean puree, and his first finger food - some pasta!
(I always try to have the spoon, bowl, and food colors different and contrasting so I can teach him about colors - not sure why, just something I started doing)

Ready for Jacob's dinner time!

DINNER TIME!

Checking out the pasta.

MMMMM! This is fun!

He liked the blueberry/apple puree from head to toe!

Ummm, Mama, these pictures could be embarrassing!

I like these soft things!

He started pulling the pasta apart.

What IS this Mama?

I like it!

Chowing down!

BABYWEARING

I got a BabyHawk Mei Tai carrier in a trade with a Mama online and wore my buddy on my back today while finishing dinner - FINALLY have a carrier we can do a back carry with - yay!

Hands free!


Ta-da!

LOVE this print!


Yay for Mama and Jacob!

I love you buddy! You took TWO great naps today! We played and laughed and it was a great day for us! I love being your Mama and having you as my son. You are an incredible, smart, strong boy!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh love the baby food in the ice cube trays! I will have to pick your brain on how you did that when baby L. gets to that age. I definitely want to make my own baby food:). blueberries and apples sound yummy!!

    ReplyDelete