Sunday, September 1, 2013
While vacationing in Nashville with our Bruffey side of the family, we decided to have an impromptu shared
birthday party for Ruth Evelyn and her cousin Matthew. I'm finally taking some time to share some of these pictures for posterity. Ruth turned 1 on
10/6/13 and Matthew turned 16 on 9/22/13. My sister-in-love, Cheryl (Matthew's mother) and I were thrilled to have
this shared party to honor our children together with our family! Josh and I
got to celebrate our daughter in throwing a butterfly party for her and surprise our nephew in throwing him a car party - he is so ready to have his license to drive!
Ruth Evelyn wore a fabulous party dress my sister sent - it had arrived at our house in Lubbock and Josh brought the package with him, not knowing what was in it. I was contemplating buying a dress for Ruth for the party once it was planned, and then Josh arrived with this package. When I opened it I just cried tears of joy - and knew it would be her 1st birthday party dress! It's a Matilda Jane that has butterflies on it and will grow with her and become a shirt for her when she's a bit bigger.
I had so much fun with the butterfly decorations for Ruth's half of the party! And found the cutest highchair decoration set!
I LOVED getting to plan Matthew's surprise!! I remember like it was yesterday turning 16 and the freedom of driving! I met this young man when he was just 8 and wow how these years have flown.
I decorated Ruth's half of the party the day before - and Matthew thought it was just for her. Then, the day of the party, Josh took Matthew and they went on a Sonic run for the family and Beryl helped me get Matthew's decorations up!
The treats for the party!
I got Ruth Evelyn's cupcakes at a local, vegan bakery called Vegan Vee. They are vegan, soy, and sugar free. My sister-in-law later told me that, when I told them what I was getting for Ruth's part of the party, they were a bit skeptical about vegan cupcakes... then, once we ate them - everyone raved! They were DELICIOUS! I highly recommend this Nashville bakery! The owner also happens to be German and moved to the States well over 20 years ago - with my best friend being German, this just made me smile.
The guests playing games while we wait on Matthew.
Waiting on Matthew and Uncle Josh to get back with Sonic
so we could surprise Matthew and get the party started!
so we could surprise Matthew and get the party started!

After we surprised Matthew, we got some pictures of him with his cake and decorations. He played it cool, but loved that the celebration was for him too :-)

Ruth was not shy about digging in to her cupcake!
She enjoyed it and was adorable to see tasting her first treat!

More sweet pictures of Parker and Ruth Evelyn. I think in the 2nd one she is saying, "Thanks for the hug and I love you too... but this cupcake is mine!"
My Bruffey loves!
Ruth Evelyn loved showing off her walking skills!
Peek-a-boo!
Mama loves you!
After the party, Ruth was a doll playing with the great toys at Aunt Beryl's house!
Thank you to our Tennessee family for an incredible trip and this perfect party to celebrate Ruth Evelyn's 1st year! And Matthew, we love you and are so glad we could celebrate this milestone in your life!
~ Mama B ~


















Ruth is adorable!!! You looked really pretty too Elizabeth. I liked your hair at the party:). Love ya girl!
ReplyDeleteThank you! :-) She was fun to watch with her cousins and playing. And thanks about my hair - it felt like a "bad" hair day so I just pinned it up - maybe I should do that more often! Love you!
Delete