We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Monday, June 10, 2013

Ruth Evelyn is 8 Months Old! A Family Update

I feel like I just posted Ruth Evelyn's 7 month update... and now she is 8  months old! We are 2/3 of the way to hitting her 1 year milestone and it is flying!


In the past month, our butterfly baby girl has become mobile! She started officially crawling on May 23rd, her cousin, Emma's 11th birthday! And Emma was here visiting from Tennessee, so it was a special time to mark this milestone for each of these girls! In addition to crawling, days BEFORE she became mobile, she started pulling to standing! She now crawls everywhere and pulls up on everything and is trying to start cruising as she holds on. 

She is 16 lbs, 4 oz as of her 8 month birthday, and has 3 teeth with a fourth starting to poke through the gums. 

She is still growing and thriving on her Mama's milk! We've started slowly with some baby-led weaning and it is such fun to watch her explore food! 

She laughs at her Daddy and adores her big brother! She has recently decided 2 naps a day is for babies... OTHER babies! One nap a day is enough for Ruth Evelyn - at least for the past week, though we are hoping and praying this is the 37 week wonder week phenomenon and we'll get back our champion napper soooon! We keep trying 2 a day! And have a lot more time to play!

Jacob and Ruth BOTH love swimming - the inflatable pool we bought for this summer has been the best investment! 

It's been a whirlwind of a month and I'm so curious to see what this month before us holds!

We have a new friend here in Lubbock who is also a photographer and mother to 3! She did this great photoshoot of Ruth Evelyn on June 4th, two days before she was 8 months old.


I then took our traditional pictures on June 6th... and it was quite the adventure as all Ruth Evelyn wanted to do was crawl OUT of the chair!

Sweet baby pretty in pink!

Our beautiful girl!

Can I have that bunny?

My little doll baby

Such a spirited girl!

That dress is mine!

Gotta go Mama!

Ruth had some special time with her Daddy before he went to work!


My little flower girl!

Representing our DFW Crunchy Mamas!




I was getting ready to wear Ruth, and Jacob asked if he could be on my back!

When DID he get so big!?

After wearing him for a while, he said, "I get down." Then when he got down he told me, "that hot Mama!"

So I put Ruth on - SO much lighter!

We love you baby girl! We are enjoying your life as it unfolds and how you bless our family! I love seeing you and your brother get to know each other and explore playing together! We are beyond grateful for your presence in our life!

~ Mama B ~

No comments:

Post a Comment