Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Jacob and I loaded my little Civic and drove 260 miles to Houston to visit my parents in their new home for 2 1/2 days! The trip down was great - we only stopped once to feed Jacob and get him a clean diaper. Coming home Friday... well, the 4 1/2 hour trip took 6 hours... Jacob was just DONE with being in the car! He was SO glad to see his house and just SMILED as I started our normal bedtime routine at home. We had the BEST time in Houston! My sweet, thoughtful Mama had made a nursery in one of her guest rooms in her new house! They are still unpacking having just moved in, but she took time to have a bed with a velour sheet like we have at home, a changing table, rocking chair, and everything so Jacob felt at home! It was wonderful! As a result, he slept great only waking twice each night and even napping pretty well! We like Houston! We got to go for walks, swing for the first time, visit friends who had 4 dogs, 3 birds and a cat, play outside, and just have a wonderful visit! We look forward to many great trips and memories with grandmother and granddaddy in Houston! We love our Houston family - thank you for the time Grandmother and Granddaddy!
I love Mama's water bottle!
A thoughtful boy!
Grandmother and me!
She makes me smile!
Time with grandmother and granddaddy!
Yay for Houston!
I like to stand tall!
The fascinating fountain near grandmother's and granddaddy's house! I was mesmerized by it!
Duckies!
Sweet family memories!
A fun park! I look forward to many times playing here!
My first swing!
I LOVE it!
Yay! I just laughed and laughed!
My own little nest!
WEEEEE!
Hey Mama! I'm getting SO big!
I love you Grandmother!
Me and Mama slide!
SO FUN!
Wow! That was cool!
Swinging again with granddaddy! Just chillin'!
My granddaddy is SO big and strong!
You make me LAUGH!
My precious Houston family!
I love you!
Thank you for a GREAT trip! See you again soon!
~ Jacob
No comments:
Post a Comment