We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Monday, November 1, 2010

Waiting on Jacob... What to DO when overDUE!

November 1, 2010

So, the question "have you had the baby yet" makes you want to claw a wall and you wonder if you'll ever know the reality of labor... What's an overdue mama to DO?! I did some reading on just this topic! I found some great suggestions and also came up with some of my own! Here's what I did this evening to fill the time and keep me from watching the clock! :-)

1. Get a haircut! I love my AVEDA salon - Devon is awesome and I always have a great time there! She does a great shampoo/massage and is great at understanding my vague descriptions of what I'd like with my hair!

Photobucket
 A GREAT new haircut!

2. Put together a first aid kit for your new family! I went to Target with a list I'd put together after researching online and found great products, especially since Target has its own name brand where I could save a ton!

Photobucket
The Supplies!


Photobucket
My new family first aid kit with special products just for Baby Jacob!

3. Shop for husband's birthday! (OK, this one only applies if your husband is actually having a birthday. My beloved happens to have his big day TOMORROW, 11/2/2010.) I won't put what I bought him - it's a surprise! But it is a great gift AND I made a favorite treat for him! The cooking helped fill my evening, so that's a bonus!

4. Do final laundry - I have a nursing top that I wanted to wash and some precious baby socks my brother and sister-in-law sent, etc. So, I did a "final" load to get ready for Jacob's arrival!

5. Finish "thank you" notes! I have gotten a few gifts for our little guy recently, so plan to use the rest of the night to write my final "thank you" notes before Jacob makes his arrival.

Jacob, I still cannot wait to see you, hold you, love you, count your fingers and toes... but finding a few things to fill my time makes the days unfold less slowwwwly!

To other overdue mamas out there - press on!!

Love from TX,

Elizabeth Bruffey


3 comments:

  1. Well, I'm not an overdue momma, but I sure am ready for this baby to make his appearance:))).
    Thinking about and praying for you Elizabeth!!
    Love ya:)
    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...you are sooo patient! What a good idea to get busy on all of these tasks! I'm sure your hubby is gonna love his surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS ELIZABETH!!!!! I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!!! I HOPE JACOB IS DOING WELL:)).

    ReplyDelete