October 23, 2010
This is D-DAY for the most exciting thing I can imagine - our first child! Yes, we are pregnant!! We have hoped and prayed for this and are so very excited! It is still very early (just reached 7 weeks) and so I am learning all about diet, resting, and trust God as he protects this precious baby in his/her early days and weeks of life.
My husband has been so great. The night I found out, I was at home alone - I took a picture with my phone and sent Josh a text that said "2 lines = POSITIVE!" He called almost instantly - SO excited. :-) Then, when he got home from work, he put in a CD he had planned and took me in his arms and we danced together to the song "Beautiful" by Shawn McDonald... amazing!
I've been pretty nauseous and having just started a new, full-time job, I'm trying to eat regularly following my midwife's recommended diet and get plenty of water and rest. Other than that, I'm just enjoying the journey of preparing for motherhood. Josh has been AMAZING - helping prepare food and just love on me and Baby B. It's so very surreal and awesomely wonderful... how God uses love to create life - wow!
We have decided to use a midwife and found a perfect birthing center - Gentle Beginnings Birth Center (click to learn more about GBBC) in Bedford, TX. Our midwife is Ann and we knew after our first meeting this was what we wanted. We have our first appointment where we can hear the heartbeat on April 14 - we can't wait!
More will come as the weeks unfold!
"My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant."
~ Luke 1: 46b - 48a
~ Luke 1: 46b - 48a

No comments:
Post a Comment